Ship active pharma
WestJet Cargo has shipped pharmaceutical products for several years and has shipping capabilities with Envirotainer™, to offer a controlled cold chain solution. Envirotainer™ units allow the transport of pharmaceutical and other consumer products without breaking the cold chain. Freight forwarders and shippers can lease units directly from Envirotainer™ and book with confidence through service offered by WestJet Cargo.
How we transport your pharma shipments
For customers with an existing agreement/lease with Envirotainer™, WestJet Cargo will accept the following units for transport on our wide body 787-9 aircraft.
Envirotainer™ RAP e2 (electric unit)
Designed for the larger quantity pharmaceutical shipments. WestJet Cargo works together with Envirotainer™ to provide our customers with one of the most advanced temperature-controlled air cargo containers.
|External dimensions (l-w-h)||3175 x 2235 x 1626 mm / 125 x 88 x 64 in|
|Internal dimensions (l-w-h)||2465 x 2055 x 1260 mm / 97 x 80.9 x 49.6 in|
|Internal volume for cargo||6.38 m3 / 224.2 cu.ft|
|Tare weight||1100 kgs / 2425 lbs|
|Max net weight of cargo||4933 kgs / 10875 lbs*|
*Please note that WestJet Cargo’s maximum allowable net weight for RAP’s – 3,576 kgs / 7,885 lbs
Envirotainer™ RKN e1 (electric unit)
When shippers need to move smaller pharmaceutical shipments, WestJet Cargo and Envirotainer™ have the perfect solution with the one pallet RKN e1 container.
|External dimensions (l-w-h)||2000 x 1530 x 1620 mm / 78.7 x 60.2 x 63.8 in|
|Internal dimensions (l-w-h)||1340 x 1319 x 1315 mm / 52.7 x 51.9 x 51.7 in|
|Internal volume for cargo||2.3 m3 / 81.9 cu.ft|
|Tare weight||635 kgs / 1400 lbs|
|Max net weight of cargo||953 kgs / 2101 lbs*|
*Please note that WestJet Cargo’s maximum allowable net weight for RKN’s - 953 kgs / 2,100 lbs
To learn more about these units, please visit the Envirotainer™ website.
Peace of mind when using Envirotainers™ with WestJet Cargo:
- Priority loading and unloading
- Special care and handling
- Temperature ranging from +2 to +8 °C, +15 to +25 °C or between ±0 to +25 °C
- Dedicated tracking and monitoring
- Notification to Captain (NOTOC) confirming cargo hold temperature
- Act in accordance with IATA rules and standards
- Shipments likely to damage the carrier's equipment or other shipments.
- Shipments tendered with instructions to collect on delivery (C.O.D.).
Shipments subject to prior arrangements
- Shipments requiring special attention, protection, or care en route.
- Shipments containing pieces of unusual shape or size.*
- Shipments (other than seafood) containing any single piece weighing more than 136 kilograms or 300 pounds.
- Compassionate transport.
- Shipments, or any part thereof, whose overall dimensions (length + width + height) exceed a total of 228 centimetres or 90 inches.
*If you have any doubts about whether your shipment is fit to fly, please email or call us at 1-866-952-2746.
WestJet reserves the right to place carriage embargoes on products and calendar dates. Stations will be notified of new or pending embargoes by bulletins from WestJet Cargo. Likewise, any embargoes that are lifted without a previously advised end date will also be communicated by WestJet Cargo. Any uncertainties must be clarified with WestJet Cargo prior to acceptance of the goods for carriage.
Ready to book?
To start your pharma booking, or if you have any questions or concerns, please contact one of our WestJet Cargo agents.